All businesses in the UK are obliged to compile with the new GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) starting 25 May 2018. Check the ICO’s website: https://ico.org.uk/
Mona Kay is registered at HMRC as a Sole Trader and trades in the name of The Organising Ninja (TON). She operates as a freelance advisor and offers coaching/mentoring/training services in Organising and Decluttering in the UK & overseas. She does not employ any staff or contractors.
ONE: Personal Data Collection:
- TON receives coaching/mentoring/training requests from individuals or groups willingly from either its website, email, phone calls, texts, Eventbrite or social media platforms only.
- TON receives business cards from individuals or groups who have willingly given them to TON to be contacted.
- The information can include full names, telephone
number(s), physical address(es), email address(es), and Social Media IDs. The reason for collecting this information is to meet either virtually or in person so that a decluttering and organising session can be conducted, or so that TON can meet with you in a group setting to present a workshop or talk.
- Photos and testimonials are sent to TON by client’s consent.
- TON does not rely on ANY third parties to collect data and personal information and does not pass ANY data and personal information to third parties either.
- TON currently does not send email newsletters. When it does, TON will update this article accordingly.
- TON does not sell any products on their website that require any personal information like bank card details.
TWO: Data Processors:
- To organise workshops, TON uses Eventbrite. Eventbrite is complaint with GDPR. Please check their policy: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/eventbrite-privacy-policy
THREE: Personal Data and Disposal
- You may ask what kind of info TON holds about you by emailing us: email@example.com
- Any changes, updates, deleting requests can be arranged.
- TON will keep your info up to TWO years then disposes it
FOUR: Safety and Security
- TON is required to keep all your personal data safe and secure. Data is stored on a laptop which is password-protected using legal programmes such as Microsoft Office. TON uses its business phone to access information via email accounts. It is also password-protected, as are the email accounts. Both devices have anti-virus applications on them.
- TON’s Terms and Conditions, soft and hard copies are stored in laptop / filed in a cabinet and locked.
- In the case of any of these storage methods being stolen, breached, or hacked, TON will act within 72 hours of discovering the incident:
- Notify police if it is a physical theft or loss of laptop or phone
- Notify email provider in case of email hacking.
- Notify clients of a breach
- Write a report for documentation
FIVE: Links to other websites:
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
SIX: Contact us: